Saturday, January 24, 2009

Goodbye Gray?

Maybe. We appear to be moving out of one of the longest classic Hood River inversion events in memory. And hey, my memory of such things goes back at least a year or two. 9 consecutive days of gray, boring Nothingness here at the city elevation. Escape was possible by heading to Mt Hood or braving near hurricane force winds through the Gorge to Portland, but for various reasons I couldn't escape this time.

It wasn't a total loss though. At my weather station, we set a high pressure record. January 18, the peak of the inversion, the baro hit 30.84", which surpassed the previous high of 30.83" on January 5, 2004. My station data goes back to 2000, making this a record for this century so far.

So today, it's been snowing lightly, with possibly more snow tomorrow.

At least, with this snow, things are turning a whiter shade of pale (if this doesn't date me, nothing will).




No comments:

Post a Comment