Thursday, September 9, 2010

I Was Wrong... OK??

In the previous post, regarding this summer's dry spell being perhaps some sort of record, I lied. I didn't know I was lying at the time, but that doesn't make it right, and I'm disgusted with myself, which is pretty much normal.

I finally found a way (and the time) to look back through HOXO's daily summer precipitation records, which go back to 1987. And, much to my dismay, I found a longer dry spell.

It turns out that our 71 day dry spell this summer actually tied for 2nd longest, since there was also a 71 day run back in 1994. The longest dry spell here was 85 days in 2000 (June 15 thru Sept 7).

Therefore, I apologize profusely, and I'm really, really sorry (that I got caught), and I'll try to do better next time. Please find it in your hearts to forgive me. My legal team (if I had one) said I should just come right out and say this, and that's the only reason I'm doing this humiliating post.

So yeah, go ahead and enjoy your gleeful moments of schadenfreude, and I hope you're happy.

And, now that I know that 85 days is the apparent record, I'm happy too. :)


1 comment: