Saturday, May 24, 2008

Warm After All

I just came in from planting veges, weeding, and mowing the lawn. Seeing as how I'm dripping wet with sweat, yesterday's post about it not being warm this weekend is another example of my strategy of "reverse psychology". For the most part, whenever I make a forecast, you can expect the opposite to happen.

Upper 70's outside, and much more humid than I expected, making for a very pleasant afternoon.

Looking somewhat further out into the sky, the Phoenix Mars Lander will hopefully make a soft landing near the polar region of Mars tomorrow. Success is not at all guaranteed; past Mars exploration missions have failed about 50% of the time. The ones that have succeeded have returned incredibly awesome images and lots of scientific data, which will make future long term colonization of Mars possible. If you are interested, you can follow the progress of the mission on NASA's various media feeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment