Thursday, November 15, 2007

Top Banner Question

Wow, 2 weeks since I last posted here. Time flies. I will try to post more often, if for no other reason than to exercise my writing muscles.

Typical Fall weather continues (whether I post about it or not). The autumn colors along I84 (my daily commute to The Dalles) are still spectacular but will pretty much be gone by Thanksgiving. The seasons move forward, and it's all good...

Speaking of Fall colors, the
Hood River Weather site top banner currently has a "Colorful Leaf" motif. It's fairly easy to change the Flash banner graphics, and I'm wondering if site visitors prefer a top banner that changes occasionally, or one that always stays the same. I will probably continue to change it every now and again, but I am interested in your opinions.

3 comments:

  1. I think I would prefer a banner that reflects the changes in season....do enjoy your site....kpp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, seasonal banners are pretty cool and preferable, and I think maybe they help keep the site a little fresher (not to mention New! and Improved!)

    I have about 3 dozen banners to choose from, but only a half dozen or so are seasonal. So, I'll use those when appropriate, and play around with the non-seasonal ones in between.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi:
    Although I have been known to poke a little fun at my wife for her seemingly endless supply of seasonal/holiday flags, I think having changes on the site would be great. Thanks again for a terrific site!
    Jo

    ReplyDelete