Saturday, September 1, 2007

August Weather Summary

I'm thinking it might be useful to do a monthly post summarizing the previous month's weather data. The easiest, quickest way for me to do that is to copy and paste from the Weather Underground site where our weather station data is archived. Let me know what you think of this idea; it might work better if I create a separate "history" link off of the Hood River weather site. Or maybe I will do both.

Putting it in this blog gives me the option of making interesting and insightful comments on what the weather was like. Or, more likely, boring, inane, and embarrassing comments. So here goes:


High: Low: Average:
Temperature: 101.7 °F 45.2 °F 69.2 °F
Dew Point: 62.4 °F 34.7 °F 52.1 °F
Humidity: 96.0% 12.0% 58.2%
Wind Speed: 28.0mph from the WSW - 4.4mph
Wind Gust: 31.0mph from the WSW - -
Wind: - - West
Pressure: 30.11in 29.71in
Precipitation: 0.49in



KORHOODR1 Weather Graph

2 comments:

  1. Larry:
    I think this is a great feature and would suggest your blog as a good place for the data. Your comments often offer a context for the data to
    become information. Thanks again for a great site.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo, thanks for the comment. I agree, I think I will just keep it in the blog, since viewers can always go to the Weather Underground site and look at the data for whatever timespan they choose.

    I've already made some mental notes on how to improve the presentation and formatting of the monthly summary. Copying the numerical data directly from the WU page looks pretty lame, I'll tidy that up a bit. I'll also add things like comparing the monthly data to long term averages and records and such.

    ReplyDelete