Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Rain!

The slight chance of rain mentioned earlier this week has become an absolute certainty of rain today. I woke up this morning about 2 am to the gentle sound of raindrops on the plants outside the open bedroom window. Rain is very unusual here for midsummer and also very welcome, especially since there doesn't seem to be thunderstorms involved (yet). One can almost hear the garden sighing in relief as it soaks up the moisture. Not to mention the human sighs of relief from those of us who are getting really tired of watering.

0.55 inches so far today. The record for this date is 0.70 inches in 1987. There is a lot of moisture streaming our way in the satellite maps, so we shall see if the record holds.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful. I lived in Denver, CO for nearly 15 years and left when I retired because the climate in Denver was too nice. I missed the rain. Once an Oregonian, the rain is in one's blood, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete