Tuesday, March 20, 2007

It's Baaaaack....

The Hood River Weather site is back after 3 frustrating days trying to get the web space restored. To make a long story short, I called my web hosting company Saturday to report that whereas they thought I had reached my web space quota of 20 MB, I could only see about 2 MB of files in there. So, they suggested, what the heck, let's just delete the whole webspace and then I could simply re-upload the files to a newly created space. Sounded really simple in theory. 72 hours later, lots of emails back and forth, and... the site returns.

Anyway, the far more important thing that has returned today is "Spring". The vernal equinox (more or less equal day and night) officially arrived at 5:07 pm, and not a moment too soon.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy checking the temps and forecasts on this site. it would be really helpful if it included more local areas, like parkdale, odell, pinegrove, mosier,etc. having a good local forecast would help farmers, orchardists and others plan their day. thanks for having this site up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It would be quite useful to have more local info; the difficulty so far has been finding that information online and transferring it automatically to the HR weather site.

    The closest thing to a local weather network is the Integrated Pest Management (IPM) site at:

    http://ippc2.orst.edu/hr/

    But the data there is currently intermittant. I find that the most useful visual data is the Weather Underground Google gadget located on the HR Weather site just below the KATU weather cam. As more stations get added, the local weather data fills in.

    Stay tuned; I'm always looking for ways to add more local data to the HR weather site.

    ReplyDelete